Family Access is a web-based program that gives personalized student information, such as demographics, learning trends, testing data, student interests, learning preferences, and much more! Family Access is available on the internet; allowing instant, but secured access. All users must have a unique and confidential password to access the site. Parents see information about their children only, and students see information about themselves.What is in Parent Access ?
How safe is Family Access?
- Enrollment information
- Student schedule
- Emergency Information - View and Edit
- District-wide assessment data
- Book Rental - View and Pay online
- Parent Access is a safe as on-line banking. It is equipped with an SSL (Secure Socket Layer). just like banks.
- Every user has a unique password.
- Family Access information is encrypted.
- Social Security numbers are not stored in Skyward
- There is no 'screen memory' for Family Access - you cannot hit the back button to return to a previous screen. This ensures that the next person who uses the computer cannot hit 'back' and see another student's information.
- The usage of Family Access is monitored. Merrillville Schools knows who is using Family Access, what is being looked at, and from where it was accessed.
Last Modified on November 13, 2017