HISTORY:Our school is named after Henry P. Fieler, who was a local farmer and the first Ross Township Trustee. In 1957, when our school was constructed, the trustee also served as the superintendent of schools for Ross Township. Fieler School was originally called Ross Township Elementary School and was built with the assistance of the Veterans Memorial School Construction Fund from money remaining in the World War II Bonus Fund. It was built in commemoration of the veterans who served in the armed forces of the United States.The building went through a major renovation in the late 1970's. Almost 20 years after the renovation, 4 classrooms were added in the first and third grade hallways.Beginning in the spring of 2005, Fieler underwent a complete renovation. An addition was placed on the back of the building to house 13 new rooms, including a multipurpose room that can be used for assemblies or gym. The cafeteria was completely updated to include a state-of-the-art kitchen as well as beautiful new windows.LOCATION:Fieler School is located at 407 West 61st Avenue, Merrillville, IN. It is just west of the corner of 61st Avenue and Broadway, on the south side of 61st Avenue.STATISTICS:Fieler School houses approximately 425 students, 25 teachers, and approximately 20 support staff and other personnel.
Last Modified on June 10, 2014