IMPORTANT: DAYCARE ENROLLMENT INFORMATION
Students will be picked up and dropped off at the home address on file. If you need your child to attend daycare you must contact the Transportation Department at 219-650-5311 for approval before 1:00 pm, August 11th. All requests for daycare transportation will be subject to a 3 school day processing delay. To check your current bus information click the "Find My Bus Route Information" icon located on the left hand side of this page.
Merrillville Community School Corporation has a fleet of 91 well maintained buses that transports approximately 6600 students daily and covers approximately 1950 miles per day. In addition to well maintained buses, each employee receives yearly instruction from state sponsored safety meetings, and receives random drug testing throughout the school year.
We are committed to providing safe and efficient transportation for your student.
We appreciate the opportunity to work with your student providing transportation to and from school.
If you need assistance with your child's transportation, please contact MCSC Transportation Department at (219) 650-5311.
Click on Find My Bus Route Information
and you will be taken to a web page where you can find out information about your current bus route.
Enter your student grade level, home address and zip code. You will be given a bus number, location, and approximate time for the bus arrival.
All students are expected to be at their assigned bus stop 10 minutes prior to pick up time.
Note: Transportation routes, bus numbers, and schedules are subject to change throughout the year. We recommend you check your information the week school begins to verify information again.
Important! Please take note of the following information regarding student bus information. Your bus stop information is so important to the safe pick-up and drop-off of your student. It is important to provide accurate and up-to-date information to the school and MCSC Transportation Department to avoid confusion with your transportation needs. These points are important:
- Students can have only ONE permanent pick-up and ONE permanent drop-off address.
- No changes to transportation will be allowed after 1:00 (12:00 on Early Dismissal days).
- Permanent changes to your pick-up and drop-off location can take up to 48 hours to be processed.
- Students can only ride their assigned bus and get off at their assigned stops.
- If your K-1 student is dropped at a normal bus stop, a parent or guardian must be present to receive the student.
- Please inform Transportation whenever Parent and/or Emergency phone numbers change.
You can also visit the App Store on your cell to download MCSC App for bus route information.