1. While on the call with the caller, press the TRANSFER button2. Dial the destination extension number3. You can either:Wait for the called party to answer so that you can announce the caller then press TRANSFER again to complete the transfer, or You can simply press TRANSFER again to complete the transfer without announcing the caller.4. Once you have pressed the TRANSFER button the second time you may hang-up.1. While on the call with the caller, press the TRANSFER button.
2. Dial *
3. Enter the extension of the destination voicemail
4. Press TRANSFER again.
5. Hang-up your phone.The caller has now been transferred to the destination extension’s voicemail and will hear
the destination’s greeting (if one has been recorded) from the beginning.1. Lift the handset to obtain a dial tone.
2. Dial * followed by the 4-digit extension of the party you wish to leave a message for.
3. When instructed, leave your message and hang-up.
PLEASE NOTE: If any of the phone numbers are long distance calls, you will need to enter your
- Using your Cisco phone, dial the phone number of the first party as you normally would.
- When the person answers, tell them that you are going to conference them into a conference call and ask them to hold the line.
- Locate the “MORE” soft key button on the phone (just under the display screen) and press it.
- Locate the “CONF” soft key button on the phone (just under the display screen) and press it.This will place the first caller on hold and give you a new dial tone.
- Dial the second party’s phone number. Once they answer, you need to again tell them that you are going to conference them into a call. Advise them to hold while you make the connection.
- Locate the “CONF” soft key button on the phone (just under the display screen) and press it. The phone system will now join all of the calls into a single conference call.
- You can add up to 4 separate people/phone number into a single conference call.
assigned LD PIN number as you would for any long distance call.Also note: If you wish to use your phone as a “Speaker phone”, press the SPEAKER button on
your phone and hang up the handset.
- Cisco 7906 and 7911 phones are NOT two‐way speaker phones. You can hear but not speak without using the handset.
- Cisco 7931, 796x, and 7975 phones are two‐way speaker phones so you will be able to both listen and talk after pressing the SPEAKER button without using the handset.
Last Modified on May 13, 2015