Merrillville High SchoolCourse Scope & Sequence
Department:ScienceChemistry I A Instructor: Sally WilliamsonEmail:
Course Expectations, Goals & Routines(Enter Course expectations, goals & routines here)Course Description
CHEMISTRY I (L)
Chemistry I is a course based on laboratory investigations of matter, chemical reactions, and the role of energy in those reactions. Students enrolled in Chemistry I compare, contrast, and synthesize useful models of the structure and properties of matter and the mechanisms of its interactions. In addition, students enrolled in this course are expected to: (1) gain an understanding of the history of chemistry, (2) explore the uses of chemistry in various careers, (3) investigate chemical questions and problems related to personal needs and societal issues, and (4) learn and practice laboratory safety.
WeekStandardsInstructional ContentActivities, Readings, Labs, Interactive Notes, Assignments, etc.AssessmentsOther123456789101112
- Recommended Grade Level: 10
- Prerequisite: Algebra I
- Recommended: Geometry taken concurrently.
- Credits: 2 trimester course for 2 credits
- Fulfills a Chemistry I requirement for the Core 40, Core 40 with Academic Honors, Core 40 with Technical Honors or a Science Course requirement of the General Diploma
- A Career Academic Sequence or Flex Credit course