Merrillville High SchoolCourse Scope & Sequence
Department:MathAlgebra II A Instructor: J. O'ConnellEmail:
Course Expectations, Goals & RoutinesExpectations of Algebra II Students:• Take responsibility for your education.
• Be prepared everyday. Book with a cover, Algebra 2 notebook, Pencils, Calculator, Post-It notes.
• Be on Time. It is expected of you in school and when you get a job.
• Perfect attendance or as close to it as humanly possible. Absences are tough to recover from with Trimesters.
• Complete all assignments with your best effort.
• Turn all assignments in on time and 100% complete. Homework is practice and you will be successful if you do your homework.
• Stay organized & take good notes. If I write something on the board it is important.
• Participate in class,
• Prepare for all exams and quizzes.
• Put forth an effort equal to your ability.Course Description
Algebra II is a course that extends the content of Algebra I and provides further development of the concept of a function. Topics include: (1) Polynomial, rational, and radical relationships, (2) Trigonometric functions, (3) Modeling with functions, and (4) Inferences and conclusions from data (Common Core Standards)
A scientific or graphing calculator is required.
· Grade Levels: 10 – 12
· Prerequisite: Algebra I
· Credits: 2 trimester course for 2 credits
· Fulfills the Algebra II/Integrated Mathematics III requirement for the Core 40, Core 40 with Academic Honors and Core 40 with Technical Honors diplomas and counts as a Mathematics Course for the General Diploma
· A Career Academic Sequence or Flex Credit courseWeekStandardsInstructional ContentActivities, Readings, Labs, Interactive Notes, Assignments, etc.AssessmentsOther1CC.9-12.F.BF.3CC.9-12.F.IF.5Linear Equations and InequalitiesWorksheets, Quadrant D Lesson, Interactive NotesQuizwkst. 2.2,2.3,2.4,2.62CC.9-12.A.CED.2CC.9-12.A.CED.3Transformations, Parent Functions, and transforming LinesExcercises from Book, Interactive notesTestwkst. 3.1,3.2,3.33CC.9-12.F.IF.7ACC.9-12.A.CED.2CC.9-12.A.CED.3CC.9-12.F.BF.3CC.9-12.F.IF.5CC.9-12.F.IF.8ACC.9-12.A.REI.11Graphing by using tranformations, quadratic functions, factoring and solving quadraticsInteractive notes, Quadrant D Lesson, Exercises from the bookQuizPg. 10 1-10, 14-24Pg. 18 1-9, 11-17, 24-27Wkst #1, #2Pg 64Pg. 724CC.9-12.N.CN.1CC.9-12.N.CN.2CC.9-12.N.CN.7CC.9-12.A.CED.1CC.9-12.A.CED.3CC.9-12.A.CED.2Complex numbers, Quadratics Formula, Quadratic Inequalities, Operations with complex NumbersInteractive notes, Quadrant D Lessons, Excercises from Book, WorksheetTestPg. 97 18-27, 32-35Pg. 105 22-34, 38-40Pg. 114 5-10, 28-33Pg. 130 36-48, 58-63Pg. 136 6-20, 27-36, 45-61, 64-71,78-915CC.9-12.F.IF.7CCC.9-12.A.APR.1CC.9-12.A.CED.2CC.9-12.A.CED.3CC.9-12.A.APR.5CC.9-12.A.APR.4CC.9-12.A.APR.2CC.9-12.A.APR.6CC.9-12.A.APR.3Polynomials, Multiplying and Dividing Polynomials, Factoring PolynomialsInteractive notes, Quadrant D Lessons, Excercises from BookQuizPg. 154 19-30, 32-35Pg. 162 10-14, 20-23Pg 170 13-18, 19-22Pg. 218 9, 19, 21, 24, 26Pg. 177 17-31, 33-366CC.9-12.A.REI.11CC.9-12.N.CN.9CC.9-12.N.CN.7CC.9-12.N.CN.8CC.9-12.A.APR.2CC.9-12.A.CED.1CC.9-12.A.APR.3CC.9-12.F.IF.7CReal Roots of Polynomials, Fundamental Theorem, graphs of polynomial functionsInteractive notes, Quadrant D Lessons, Excercises from the book, WorksheetQuiz7CC.9-12.F.IF.7ECC.9-12.F.IF.5CC.9-12.F.IF.8BCC.9-12.A.SSE.1CC.9-12.A.CED.2CC.9-12.A.CED.3CC.9-12.F.BF.4CCC.9-12.F.BF.5CC.9-12.F.BF.4Exponential functions, growth and decay, Inverses of Relations and Functions, Logarithmic Functions,Properties of LogarithmsInteractive notes, Quadrant D Lessons, Excercises from Book, WorksheetsTest8CC.9-12.F.LE.4CC.9-12.A.CED.1CC.9-12.A.REI.11CC.9-12.F.IF.7ECC.9-12.A.CED.2CC.9-12.A.CED.3CC.9-12.F.IF.5CC.9-12.F.BF.3Exponential and Logarithmic Equations and Inequalities, Natural Base e, Transforming Exponential and Logarithmic FunctionsInteractive Notes, Quadrant D Lessons, Excercises from the Book, WorksheetsQuiz9CC.9-12.A.CED.2CC.9-12.A.CED.3CC.9-12.A.APR.7Variation Functions, Multiplying and Dividing Rational Expressions, adding and subtracting rational expressions, Rational FunctionsInteractive Notes, Quadrant D Lessons, Excercises from the Book, WorksheetsTest10CC.9-12.F.IF.5CC.9-12.A.REI.12CC.9-12.F.IF.7BCC.9-12.F.BF.3CC.9-12.A.CED.2CC.9-12.A.CED.3CC.9-12.A.CED.1Solving Rational Equations and Inequalities, radical Expressions and Rational Exponents, Radical Functions, Solving Radical Equations and InequalitiesInteractive Notes, Quadrant D Lessons, Excercises from the Book, WorksheetsQuiz11CC.9-12.F.IF.7CC.9-12.F.IF.9CC.9-12.F.IF.6CC.912.A.CED.2CC.9-12.A.CED.3 CC.9-12.F.BF.3Multiple representations of Functions, Comparing Functions, Piecewise Functions, Transforming FunctionsInteractive Notes, Quadrant D Lessons, Excercises from the Book, WorksheetsTest12CC.9-12.F.BF.1BCC.9-12.F.BF.1CCC.9-12.A.CED.2CC.9-12.A.CED.3Opeations with Functions, Functions and their InversesInteractive Notes, Quadrant D Lessons, Excercises from the Book, WorksheetsTest/Final Exam