Parent Access is a web-based program that gives personalized student information, such as demographics, learning trends, testing data, student interests, learning preferences, and much more! Parent Access is available on the internet; allowing instant, but secured access. All users must have a unique and confidential password to access the site. Parents see information about their children only, and students see information about themselves.
What is in Parent Access ?
......and much more!
- Enrollment information
- Grades – past and present
- Attendance - past and present
- Discipline - past and present
- Student schedule – past and present
- Emergency Information - View and Edit
- District-wide assessment data- past and present
- Book Rental - View and Pay online
How safe is Parent Access?
- Parent Access is a safe as on-line banking. It is equipped with an SSL (Secure Socket Layer). just like banks.
- Every user has a unique password.
- Parent Access information is encrypted.
- Social Security numbers are not displayed in Parent Access.
- There is no 'screen memory' for Parent Access - you cannot hit the back button to return to a previous screen. This ensures that the next person who uses the computer cannot hit 'back' and see another student's information.
- The usage of Parent Access is monitored. Merrillville Schools knows who is using Parent Access, what is being looked at, and from where it was accessed.